There are many, many things to consider about well before you adopt a cat or kitten, who will ideally be a loved member of your family, through thick and thin, for 15-20 years.
In this page you will find links to articles on the following topics:
- A cat scratches on different places in its territory. How do you make it possible for your cat to continue with this natural behavior and still keep your furniture (mostly) intact?
- Cats are predatory hunters – how you will provide them with this mental and physical stimulation?
- Will the cat stop sharpening its claws on the couch if you cut its claws?
- Ragdolls are indoor cats – how will your kitten / cat get fresh air and physical exercise?
- Why are Ragdolls indoor cats?
About the cat breeder and the purebred cat:
- What are the positive effects of neutering a kitten that will not be used in a breeding program?What are the benefits of adopting a purebred or domestic (“random bred”) cat?
- Why choose a kitten whose parents have been health tested?
- Why choose a home style cattery vs. a kitten raised in a cage?